RPKI Workshop Demonstration #5
Creating Users and Allocating New Resources
The RPKI Workshop Demonstration #5: Creating Users and Allocating New Resources video shows how to use the RPKI.NET graphical interface to perform a number of administrative actions to manage the RPKI.NET system. The charts on this page are intended to be used with this video.
- It is assumed the user will be running these commands on a local copy of the RPKI Workshop virtual machine. Instructions for downloading and setting up the RPKI Workshop VM may be found in the Workshop Demonstration #2 video, Installation and Setup.
- Most user names are specific to that VM and won't be used in a production environment. Similarly, the address ranges are purely for the sake of example.
- The tasks are broken down into a number of sub-tasks. Each sub-task is then divided into a number of steps. The GUI actions for each step are provided with a "Time Mark" to show where in the video each step takes place.
- The Time Marks are approximate. Most will be a couple seconds prior to the actual action taken in each step. This will hopefully provide a little context for the step prior to it actually being performed.
- The video is demonstrating how to use the GUI. Consequently, there will be some steps that are repetitive and won't necessarily be needed every time the sub-task or task is performed.
- The users are being added to the RPKI management system. They are not being added to the routers.
- The commands are all run in a web browser that is connected to the RPKI.NET administrative GUI. It is assumed the user has logged in to the GUI as the root user.
|Task||Sub-Task||Time Mark||Page in GUI||Thing to Click||Text to Enter|
|Creating a New Resource Holder||0:27||Handle List||"web users" link in left sidebar|
|0:45||Users||"list of resource holders" link|
|1:00||Resource Holders||"Create" button|
|Provide fields for new resource holder:||1:04||Create Resource Holder|
|select Parent||1:10||"workshop" entry in Parent drop-down menu|
|1:38||Resource Holders||"list of web interface users" link|
|Creating a New Web User||1:40||Users||"Create" button|
|Provide fields for new web user:||1:46||Create User|
|enter Confirm Password||2:01||labuser42|
|select Resource Holder||2:12||"labuser42" entry in Resource Holders menu|
|Allocating New Resources to a User||2:30||Users||"select identity" link in sidebar|
|2:32||Handle List||"IANA" link|
|2:38||Dashboard||"workshop" link in Children section|
|Allocate New Prefix||Provide prefix data:||2:45||Child: workshop||"Prefix" button|
|enter Address range||2:53||Add Prefix||10.0.0.0/8|
|Parent Allocates Address Space to Child||3:11||Handle List||"workshop" link from Handle List|
|3:34||Dashboard||"labuser42" link in Children section|
|Provide prefix data:||3:43||Child: labuser42||"Prefix" button|
|enter Address range||3:47||Add Prefix||10.0.0.0/9|
|4:10||Child: labuser42||"select identity" link|
|4:13||Handle List||"labuser42" link from Handle List|
|Allocate Resources Within a Child||4:22||Dashboard||"refresh" button in Resources section|
|4:31||"ROA" button in Unallocated Resources section|
|Provide fields for new ROA:||4:33||Create ROAs|
|enter Prefix||4:34||(10.0.0.0/9 is autofilled)|
|enter max length||4:36||9|
|4:44||video bypasses actual Save page and ends on Dashboard|
This document is prepared under Contract Number HSHQDC-14-C-B0035 for DHS S&T CSD
Copyright © 2016, Parsons, Inc.
All rights reserved.